Sunday, December 05, 2004

Sunday Drive

Not quite daylight yet outside the Love house. I know the horses are standing out there calling me names cuz I'm not out there throwing them hay yet. The dogs and their feline friend Licker probably want out of the bunkhouse. But blogdom keeps me from responsibility this morning.

Just a quick note that the huge winter storm destined to dump at least a foot of snow must've hit a slight detour. The weather forecasters started promoting this one about Tuesday. By Friday, athletic teams were playing their games earlier so they wouldn't encounter hazardous driving conditions on their way home. Saturday came, and so did a few flakes, which soon turned wet, wet, wet. It was a day I like to call "new frontiers in ugly" with its heavy-hanging gray mist and wet cold. No storm for sure. Embarrassed weathercasters came up with some reasons for its demise but made promises for snow within hours. Another night has passed---no snow, just ugly gray and a persistent dankness. I'm not complaining because I've gotten past the stage of creating snow angels and rolling around in the stuff. It can pile up all it wants to in the mountains, but I wouldn't moan one bit if it never shows up at the Love house.

Back on course to feed the horse(s).

No comments: