Wednesday, January 26, 2005

40 years

Another class reunion meeting tonight. About half a dozen of us have been meeting since September to plan the party. Not much planning gets done, but we sure have fun.

In July, the Sandpoint High School Class of 1965 will gather in Sandpoint to reminisce and catch up on each others' lives. Hard to believe it's been 40 years. We're hoping a lot of people will just show up, sit back and enjoy each other. None of this clique stuff. We're too old for that. We've got nothing to prove except that we're alive and breathing. And that's an accomplishment for many of us.

With the class reunion meeting, I guess I won't be attending the Blogfest Seminar at the Spokesman office in Coeur d'Alene this evening. Darn! It sounds like it would be a lot of fun, learning from the experts on how to do this stuff.

I must say, after about a month's worth of this daily writing activity, it's worth the time spent. Makes you think about what's important in your life each day and boil it down to something worth reading. I think I like being a blogger.

Must move on to my day's work and to the never-ending story of Lake Pend Oreille.

Happy swimming everyone.

Also, I invite readers to my website (www.mariannelove.com) this evening. My latest "Love Notes" column and one of my most favorite writing assignments ever (the history of the IGA) will appear, once the latest River Journal (www.riverjournal.com) hits the streets.

No comments: