Sunday, March 13, 2005

Blog Day Afternoon

I guess I'd better issue a disclaimer. Nice weather may spell no blog. Yesterday, I believe, was my first blogskip day. Once I get started with the spring yard work, life changes around these diggin's. Actually, I'm out there diggin', rakin' and burnin'.

In fact, this morning, I'm gonna be taking my second bath because I stink! Have been trying to clean the dead grass from along the driveway without burning up North Idaho for the past couple of weeks. This morning's smoke was especially unruly or maybe I was more beautiful than usual cuz it just kept following me.

Willie's home this weekend. Inside the house, it's "mad," March Madness, that is. Right now, Duke is beating Georgia Tech. I'm sure Willie won't be leaving the house this afternoon as he'll never want to miss the NCAA bracketing. I'm guessing his weekly column for the Newport Miner might have something to do with the hot tournament ahead.

Willie used to help me fill out my winners for every year's faculty NCAA pool. When the good teams didn't fold in the tournament, we usually finished first or second. When they did, somebody's wife, who probably never attended a basketball game, would take the money home. Regardless of betting, we all pull for Gonzaga.

I'm wishing I had a pool to play in this year. Maybe Oliveria will get something started on "Huckleberries Online." How 'bout it, Dave????

Have a great Sunday.

1 comment:

Lil ol' me... said...

Hi, Marianne...this is CDADAVE, from the Spokesman-Blogside; I'm listed in there with you and other bloggers. I know what you mean about "Developer Dirt"; after all, I'm in CDA, and we've got plenty of similar cases of sprawl down here.

I used to drive CAB here in town; about a year ago, I had to take someone up to Bonners Ferry (good fare!), and I was AMAZED at all the sprawl happening north of Sandpoint.

Back in 1976, I used to work at KSPT RADIO for Norm Bauer; it was right across from the old A & W drive-in out there. I couldn't find, where the old radio-station building even WAS...lotsa new buildings/businesses out there.

I used to live at the Villa Apartments, 620 Main, near your beloved Boyer Road. Hopefully you have your own little slice of Terra Firma that no one can put "developer dirt" on. Take care..........Dave Holmes....