Saturday, March 05, 2005

Cracked Corn Season

This will be a Saturday add-on blog cuz I'm running late for Coffee Cult.

The ducks and geese are back at the pond. Monday morning I spotted two honkers sitting out on one of the mounds. So, later I took what little cracked corn we had left and scattered it along the pathway to the pond.

Tuesday morning, we watched an assortment of at least a dozen ducks and geese come over the top of the mound down the pathway, much like the lemmings. Cracked corn season had officially begun.

I don't mind this additional chore each morning, and the dogs are nice enough to leave the birds alone as they waddle along devouring their daily treats. I'm figuring that by the time cracked-corn season hits its peak, we'll have about three dozen regulars out there.

More later....

It's later. Since this morning, I've gone to coffee cult, talked to the head golf pro at Hidden Lakes and learned about the "world class golf course" renovation set to happen out there. Apparently, Clint Eastwood, Peter Uberoff and Jack Nicklaus are supporting the effort. The pro told me to talk to Dick Vilelli for details. So, I might.

My sisters and I took our bikes and rode around the bird refuge at Bonners Ferry. Seeing them enjoy themselves so much was very gratifying. I think they may be heading up that way more often.

Busy, fun day...

No comments: