Thursday, July 14, 2005

Zap, zap . . .that gray away

I have an appointment with beauty, so I must wait until later to post today's thoughts. Check back.

I'm off to the Hair Hut for the bi-monthly workover.

Several hours later, here I am having had that cosmetic glob of youth erase the gray right out of my hair. Thanks once again to Joyce for shielding me and others from chronological reality. I even noticed a new bounce to my pedaling each time I took my bike for a spin this afternoon.

Speaking of youth, there's one aspect of my 60s---besides Medicare---that has me yearning to get there. This weekend the great "gray wave" will hit the Bonner County Fairgrounds for the Sandpoint High '50s decade reunion. My coffee cult friends, Alice and Penny, are among the organizers, and they expect nearly 600 people to show up from all over the nation and swap stories of life in their teens and the many decades since their teens.

This is the second time, they've held this gathering; the first occurred in 2000. So, I'm guessing that by 2010, our crowd can start having a similar event. I've been to the fairgrounds several times this week, and each time, the RV brigade continues to grow. Folks are sitting in camp chairs outside their trailers or motorhomes talking up a storm----and the reunion doesn't even start until tomorrow. They're having TOO much fun!

There's not much about age that I welcome, but I think this decade-long reunion will be a special feature. Of course, when our '60s crew starts participating in such events, they can't call us the "gray wave" cuz we all cheat at places like the Hair Hut.

I'm betting, though, that our rock-era folks may be adorned with a lot more hearing aids.

No comments: