Saturday, September 10, 2005

Blogosphere stuff and Operation Back-up

Again, any information received from the Operation Back-up team today will be posted below, probably later this afternoon. I'll be at Farragut most of this morning and early afternoon. So, check back.

Today, I'm addressing a technical issue my brother and I have encountered on our blog. For some reason when he posts his cartoons, the blog format changes. It always looks the same to me because I do my end on the Mozilla Firefox browser rather than Internet Explorer.

I have noticed, however, that when I do break down and use Explorer, that the blog postings aren't visible in their usual spot on the right. Instead, you have to scroll down and you'll find them a couple of screens down on the left. As yet, we don't know why this is happening. I've even copied and pasted his cartoons from my computer with the same result.

So, until we discover what the glitch happens to be, I apologize for any confusion. When and if we do figure it out, rest assured that we'll fix it. If any blogger aficionados do have suggestions for what might be happening and how to fix it, we'll welcome your thoughts.

Since we started this project in late December, we've posted 304 items on slightdetour.blogspot.com and have hardly missed a day. We really appreciate the responses we receive occasionally from readers. That's precisely why we keep it going. Blogging has turned into a passion for me, but I'm the first to say that I don't understand a lot of the technical stuff associated with its actual mechanisms. Instead, I just pray a lot that it will turn out and that folks can read it.

So, thanks for your patience and thanks for your support. Have a great Saturday, and do return later. I may have some news from our sheriff's deputies who must certainly be driving through the South by now.

No comments: