Friday, April 14, 2006

Guestbook stuff

This past week, the web gurus have been dealing with some technical glitches in the websites where my (www.mariannelove.com) is hosted. In my case, the guestbook was inaccessible. This morning I could get into the guestbook but couldn't access my administration window. As mentioned a while back, I have a new guestbook because of the inordinate amount of spam that was blitzing the original.

So, once again, if any of you blog readers have signed before, I invite you to sign again, especially if you're a Sandpoint High graduate. I'd love for the guestbook to serve as a message board, of sorts, for SHS alumni. It would be great if folks sign in and give a few brief highlights of their lives after high school. The more the merrier because I'm guessing other graduates like to read that stuff as much as I do. So, sign in. Plus, you'll find several items of interest, especially under "Love Notes," which I've published during the past year or two.

This morning when I did access the guestbook, the following entry appeared. I thought I'd post it here on the blog for now, since I can't write back to this lady. If anyone knows information of interest to her, you can either send it to me or just post it on the guestbook. Eventually, the technical glitch will be corrected, and I can send it to her myself.

Here's her entry: I wonder if you ever heard any stories about the "DP" family that lived on the McNall farm in the mid'50s. I was the middle child--4 years old when we arrived in Sandpoint. We lived there a few years and then moved to Cleveland, Ohio. A few years ago, one of my sisters, Mom, and I made a trip back to Sandpoint to visit the McNalls. The people of Sandpoint and the McNalls welcomed us to America. Julia Pojuda Ruggeri of Austin, Tex.

Now, I know Robin McNall checks in from time to time to see the latest on Kiwi, my Border Collie. Robin thinks of herself as Kiwi's grandma, and rightly so. She and Kiwi's real mom, Sam, nurtured Miss Kiwi through her beginning stages of life. Anyway, if Robin or any of the McNalls has some information to share with this lady and if I can learn some more of her story of coming to America, I'd be happy to elaborate in a future posting.

I promise to all McNalls that if they respond to this morning's appeal, I won't tell one detail of the day one of their Shorthorn's turned the annual countywide 4-H picnic at the old fairgrounds ---next to the Moran Addition---into a circus. I think the errant cow's swimming venture in the Pend Oreille River has been well documented enough in old newspapers and in a chapter in my first book. So, there's no need for me to repeat the story and embarrass the family any more.

Speaking of McNalls and Miss Kiwi, she says she'd sure like to see it quit raining so she can go out there to Curlesses to learn the difference between her collection of Folgers coffee cans and Randy's herd of little lambs. Coffee cans are getting old. SO IS THE RAIN.

May you all have a good Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne, I tried to post a comment yesterday, but I must have done something wrong. (That's not unusal!) I can remember that incident with the McNall's steer so well. I can still see that steer running thru the barn with (I thought, Jim McNall), but Mom said it was his dad, holding on to the lead rope with one hand and his coat tails flying. So funny!!