Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sleepin' in

I couldn't believe I slept in this morning. The clock said 6:25. I looked at it two or three times, hoping my eyes were playing tricks on me. It kept saying 6:25 until it said 6:26. Then, I knew I'd better get up and make up for lost time.

I haven't slept until 6:25 for at least three years. Of course, as I look out the window and see yet another heavy, dark gray cloud cover dripping even more rain droplets to the ground, I shouldn't be surprised. The weather outside does not invite getting up and hurrying to get outside to enjoy a sunny summer day.

Let's see, how long have I been complaining intermittently about the weather? I think it's been pretty steady since January. Annie came home from Seattle last night for a nice early summer visit. This morning she commented, "I thought this was supposed to be summer." I simply grunted while reading my newspapers two hours later than usual.

What really gets me about this weather is watching the KREM 2 weather reports each week. When it's safely ten days before the fact, all those suns and 80 degrees show up on the signs for next week's weather. I know, I've pointed this out before, but this trend has been especially noticeable these past three weeks and especially noticeable when those smiling suns gradually turn to suns disappearing behind dark, gray clouds cuz they screwed up the forecast one more time.

My body must have been reacting severely to the barometric pressure last night. It just gave up the ship and said to itself that Tom Sherry's been lying all along about this beautiful week-----so just sleep in and get some rest.

I guess there's a plus side to all this. Sleeping in this morning saved me from 90 minutes of griping about the weather, which, by the way, is looking uglier and uglier as I write.

Have an unnice day!

2 comments:

green libertarian said...

Hey Marianne, I was in Sandpoint the last two weekends, to go to Quaker Meeting, and decided to wander around and think I found your place, near the airport, couple of horses, one black, the other brown... anyway, many happy returns to you, I love Sandpoint!

MLove said...

Hi,
You should have given me a call and stopped in. Sounds like you got the right place: that's Casey (red chestnut) and Rambo (black bay).
Marianne