Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Two days without Internet

Thanks for your patience. We're finally back online. I learned the Internet problem had to do with a telephone routing glitch. Its effects were scattered across the nation.


I don’t know what’s going on in the outside world, but I’m guess something major must have happened yesterday at my Internet Provider’s facility yesterday. Since late morning Monday, my attempts to go online and my attempts to call Imbris have resulted in busy signals. At first, I thought it must be the inordinate amount of rain we’re receiving here, but we’ve received plenty of political calls, and we’ve been able to call out.

So, here I sit, writing a blog posting off line and wondering when I’ll ever be able to publish it. I also have two stories due this week which require Internet accessibility for information and for filing.

I hope the problem gets fixed soon, especially with the weather the way it is. It’s fairly limiting to get much done outside with fast-growing lakes and constant downpour. I do have some indoor projects that I’ll tackle today. We have a shop still filled with full moving boxes, and we need to transfer all the stuff on the left side of the quansit to the right side. Bill measured the other day and figured out that if the left side were open, we could store our boat there.

I started that project yesterday, but quit early. About 11 a.m. I was pretty sure that my achy joints and muscles, my intestinal discomfort and my chills must’ve meant a touch of the flu. So, I came inside and abandoned all work projects in favor of the couch and morning TV programming. On the balmy day where temperatures stretched to the 60s, I had four layers of clothes on and tried my darndest to get warm under my fleece blanket.

That pretty much convinced me it was the flu. Every time I looked at any food, I simply turned away. And, the thought of coffee, which usually gets my juices going, gave me a feeling of nausea. Advil turned out to be my savior yesterday, dulling the muscle aches and allowing me to snooze off a time or two.

The horses got fed as did the dogs and cats in late afternoon. I put a ham in the oven and cooked up some green beans for Bill. Then, I retreated to the couch once again. Bill finally arrived home around 6 p.m. with an announcement.

“I don’t feel very good,” he said. “I think I have the flu.” Apparently, he’d been popping aspirin all day trying to get rid of a headache, and his tummy hadn’t been doing so well either. By the time he arrived home, the chills had set in. He said no thanks on the ham and beans and headed to bed, while I dozed on and off on the couch. I did manage to watch some programs, including one of my favorites, “Prison Break.” Then, it was off to bed for a very uneasy night.

This morning the coffee tastes good again. Cleaning the horse stalls didn’t feel like I was picking up ten ton bricks with every shovelful of shavings and apples. I’m looking forward to voting sometime today at the Northside Christian Fellowship where everyone on the north side of Selle Road is supposed to vote. And, sometime today, I think I’ll definitely tackle that quansit again. In the midst of all this change to my normal routine, I have almost completed my stories.

Now, if the darned Internet would get back up and running again, I could go on with life as usual. I’m missing not knowing what’s going on in the Blogosphere. I wonder if anyone has missed Slightdetour this morning.

4 comments:

Word Tosser said...

I was wondering what happen to you and Toni... I checked at 7 nothing.. I check at 10 nothing.. thought maybe Selle Road floated off

Anonymous said...

This Blog has kept me sane throughout a grueling grape harvest. My one true connection with North Idaho. thanks, Cellar Rat -- P.S. How was the wine? OK ?

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I missed reading your blog, and couldn't get oneline to do mine either, or get my mail, so had ton of stuff to catch up. I emptied my rain gauge, as it was full! First time I have ever seen that, as it goes up to 5 inches.

Toni

MLove said...

To the winemaker, we've sipped from just one bottle. It was excellent. The other two, with their gorgeous hues, have served as lazy susan decorations and will be used on extra-special occasions. We started on the Merlot with a pasta dinner one summer's eve. It was lovely.

Hope the season is drawing to an end. Thanks for letting me know you're still reading.

Marianne