Monday, June 04, 2007

Friends and flowers

The greatest enjoyment of flowers, besides their obvious beauty, comes with thoughts of the friends behind the flowers. When it comes to irises, I can always think of three sets of treasured friends: Kelsi and the Camp family, Gary and Carol Pietsch, and Bev Chapin. Today's iris selections came from each.

The blue blossoms came to the original Lovestead from the Camp site in Sandpoint. Those with the vivid yellow and rust hues came during a visit to the Lovestead from Carol and Gary Pietsch, and the white iris originally lived at Bev and Earl Chapin's house.

I'm sure that each set of flowers has a history far beyond what I'm providing today, but I do know my history with all aforementioned iris benefactors is cherished in each case. Enjoy the beauty of irises and friendships. And, please add your own iris/friendship story in the comments. It will be fun for all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lovestead is definitely in BLOOM these days! Thanks for sharing these glorious pictures.

Helen

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

My irises came from Marge Pratt. Years ago, her husband dug and divided theirs and put the divisons in a trailer, with a sign, free for the taking. I have since divided them and given many away. The gift that keeps on giving. My favorite is a peach color. The flowers are amazing, they hardly look real.

Toni