Monday, June 25, 2007

Simple and sweet: critters come first

I will not forget my 60th birthday, but it hasn't gotten off exactly as planned. Got a sick horse, but things are looking better. Casey either has colic or a liver ailment, possibly from a weird weed. Cherise will call back later with blood test results. In the meantime, Casey is a bit more comfortable than he was earlier this morning.

I'll be keeping close track of him throughout the day. I'm thankful for a husband who took the day off to go pick up Willie at the airport, to my two sisters who have spent the better part of the morning here, to Cherise, my wonderful vet; to Boots who was going to take me to lunch today and to all my friends who've sent messages wishing me a happy day. A special note to the latte guardian angel in Oregon. You are something else.

More later . . . . back to Casey.

9 comments:

Love said...

Happy 60th, Mom! I hope the rest of your day goes better and that Casey is okay. Love, Annie

Anonymous said...

As we've heard: life is what happens when you're making other plans.

Hope Casey continues to improve and that your birthday celebrations continue for days (or weeks!).

Helen

Word Tosser said...

Sorry, Casey is feeling poorly... hope the Vet finds out quickly what it is ...and have him back in shape in no time.. always makes us feel so bad when our kids are sick or our pets...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, my friend. I pray all goes well today...just know that I'm thinking of you. Much Love,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marianne!
I hope Casey gets better. What a beautiful horse!
Sue

Raine Lightner said...

Happy Birthday, from all of us in my head!

live love laugh hope said...

Happy birthday Marianne.
I'm praying for you and Casey.
~Connie

Bryan.Roth said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope that Casey feels better really soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy 60th, Marianne. May the coming year be filled with love, happiness, and healthy horses!

Lots of love,
Margaret