Monday, July 16, 2007

Catch-up day



Well, the horse show has ended. It was an astounding success for the North Idaho Appaloosa Club with lots of entrants competing in the 100-plus classes. Moreen Leen and her cohorts do a phenomenal job of putting on a great show for exhibitors, and she works hard at it too. We went to get our motorhome at about 9 o'clock last night, and there were Moreen and her family still working, cleaning up the garbage and cleaning out boxstalls. That's dedication after a full day which followed a Saturday show which lasted until almost midnight.

I posted a couple of pictures of Miss Lily with my sister Laurie. Being stuck in the isolation booth, I never had a chance to see Laurie up close and personal with her new jacket purchased just for showing Lily. So, the pictures, taken from my announcing perch, helped give me somewhat of a look at her ensemble. I think Laurie will want to show Miss Lily again because that leather jacket wasn't cheap.

I also posted a photo of my sister Barbara with her mare April. April is 8 years old. She's half-Arabian and half Quarter Horse----definitely a winning combination. In what had to be the largest and highest quality halter classes I've seen at a local show in 30 years, April came out on top for all breeds, sexes and ages. And, Barbara came home with a really nice belt buckle. We're all proud for both of them.

This is catch-up day. After two long days at horse shows, this place needs my attention, both the house and the yard. And, this week is filled with a long list of "to do's," including two stories, preparing for a book event and emceeing a barn dedication. So, I'd better get busy.

No comments: