Saturday, March 15, 2008

One Annie Dog degree of separation



This is Annie Dog. She represents one degree of separation between us Loves and a family who will be enjoying their 15 minutes of fame tomorrow night. Annie originally came from the Chambers family, who tomorrow night will appear on "America's Funniest Home Videos."

Be sure to tune in at 7 p.m. PDT on ABC to see Chris, Kathy, Katy and Buddy Chambers and the kids' third-place winning video. Now, Katy and Buddy don't remember much about Annie Dog and vice versa, but I doubt that will make Annie or us any less excited to see our friends on TV.

I don't know if Annie plans to watch, but we will, and I've heard that if locals want to watch it on the BIG SCREEN TV, they can go down to Mc Duff's on First Avenue and join the Chambers family. Seems like Kathy said to show up at 5:30 if ya want to eat before the big showing.

This is the Saturday Slight, but I wanted to give top billing to the Chambers in hopes those of you around the country will remember to tune in to watch one of Sandpoint's fun families doing what they love to do: laugh.

I'm kinda in a hurry today because I've got to be down at Di Luna's by 8:30 to meet my former student and friend Sue Self Scully. She and her hubby drove up from Pocatello so he could participate in a big Trout Unlimited gathering here. I've heard tell that the former governor of Idaho, Cecil Andrus, is going to be speaking at the banquet tonight after meetings throughout the day.

While hubby is at meetings, Sue will be visiting with friends and family, and I'm honored to be among those. I featured Sue in the "Epilogue" of my book Lessons with Love. She was recognized three years ago a Idaho State Assistant Administrator of the Year for middle schools, and she invited me to Boise to watch the festivities.

I still remember the day we walked the sidewalks of Wenatchee, Washington, so many years ago after the Apple Blossom parade and talked about how she ought to consider a career in teaching. She was my drill team captain at the time, and she was mulling over the possibility of NOT going to college. Well, she DID go to college, and the rest is an impressive history as a teacher and administrator.

We'll do some catching up and I'll be sure to go say hi to the coffee cult. Have been absent from that gathering for several weeks, so it will be nice to see them.

Speaking of former students, I want to thank Sean Haynes, Class of 1991, for updating my webpage (www.mariannelove.com). New text about the new book and he got rid of that pitchfork picture of me in front of the barn, which was taken about 15 years ago. So, check it out. After several years in Seattle, Sean is now back in Sandpoint creating websites for Keokee Creative Group. Welcome home, Sean, and thanks. You're the best.

More snow this morning. I said bad words again last night when Tom Sherry gave the week-long forecast, which shows more of the same with maybe one day without rain or snow. I think we've endured enough, but Mother Nature disagrees. What's with her anyway?

Well, do have a nice Saturday, and do jot down the time and place to watch Annie Dog's former family on national TV tomorrow night. Then, you can boast to whoever wants to listen at the time, "I know the lady who now owns their dog."

No comments: