Monday, June 23, 2008

The beginnings



I'm not going to make any comments about spelling because for all I know Phil and his gang at Pole and Steel Buildings may cater to the closet supply business as well as farmers, equipment operators, etc.

Anyway, the truck came Saturday, a few days after the lumber showed up and Phil did some excavating. The crew is supposed to show up this morning to start the building.

Phil says things will happen fast. We're looking forward to that, and we're taking him at his word that everything will be done topnotch. I'll, of course, document the stages to a finished building where we can once again store our stuff and have a place to go and putter during the long winter months.

~~~~~~~

Speaking of other beginnings, be sure to watch ABC tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 9 PDT. Sandpoint's own Darcy Sletager will be starring in a reality show set in Japan. The day of the Belmont Stakes I saw a promo for this show and commented to Bill that one of those people sure looked like Darcy, whom I had as a student in my sophomore honors English class in 1992. Also had her mom Patsy 20 years earlier.

Another promo aired about an hour later, and I insisted to Bill that the person had to be Darcy or a clone. Sure enough, I was right on the first count. Darcy, who's the photo editor at Coldwater Creek, can't say much about the outcome of the show, but she did stay with it for a while. So, check it out.

~~~~~~~

As a proud dog mommy, I have to say Happy Birthday to our Kiwi today. She is three years old today. She has brought us so much joy and so many Folgers coffee cans. I think I'll break out a new can for her in celebration this morning.

~~~~~~~~~

It's a beautiful Monday, so I'll shut up and wish everyone a wonderful day.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: