Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stuff



The trusses go up today. The crew of John, Jim and Jack worked a short day here yesterday because they had to attend to something at another construction site in the morning. So, when they arrive this morning, the building will look really tall, and we'll have to stand back a ways to see the runs of Schweitzer.

It's going to block some views, but it's also going to block a lot of bad weather from destroying our stuff too. So, there's always a trade-off. The guys continue to work hard and fast; they didn't even take a break to eat the fresh brownies I baked 'em yesterday. Ate 'em on the run.

~~~~~~

In other news, I'm glad Darcy Sletager did not survive the Japanese game show last night. I love Darcy, but I found myself working hard to survive watching the show. The format was every bit as bad as that one show Donny Osmond hosted a couple of years ago. His show never lasted past the first night. I wonder how long a television audience will follow this one.

Anyway, Darcy looked and sounded great on the show. I'm sure it was a lark for her. Her mom told me she was looking for something off the wall to do. Well, she found it, and I'm sure the experience will remain memorable much longer than the show itself.

~~~~~~~

Miss Lily went to lessons last night, and she continues to come along nicely. After a good workout, Laurie turned her over to me. I decided to canter/lope her. Well, I hadn't quite figured out the controls for that gear. Laurie yelled that I should "kiss" rather than "cluck" for third gear. I couldn't ever manage to get a "kiss" from my lips, so Laurie said I'd be trotting her forever.

Eventually, Lily figured out what "Stupid" on her back was trying to get her to do and started cantering/loping----on the wrong lead. I thought it was the wrong lead but Laurie's comment at the other end of the arena sounded like "Good, Good," so I just kept going on the wrong lead. I can't remember what it was that was really coming out of Laurie's mouth, but it definitely wasn't "Good."

I have a feeling Lily's going to have to do a lot of quick thinking every time I get on her cus I'm not nearly as good a driver as Laurie is. Oh, well, it will teach her flexibility and patience.

~~~~~~~

Gotta get going. I bought some tomato stakes for my 20-plus tomato plants so will get out there and stuff 'em in the ground. And when I find some fish line, I'm planning to get the ladder and tie those CD's Cis gave me on the cherry limbs. The cherries are starting to turn, and the birds are noticing. Cis says those CD's will scare them away without harming them. Last year, I rescued three little birdies from the netting and decided never to use that again.

Whether they steal cherries or not, the birds will be happy and safe this year.

Have a great day.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

live love laugh hope said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy the wonderful day!!!

Love said...

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Anonymous said...

It must be your birthday! Have a Happy One!

From Julie in Orlando

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Have a wonderful day!
From Becky in Moscow

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Marianne. Have a splendid day!

Love,
Margaret