Monday, July 28, 2008

Family day at Roman Nose Lake



About five carloads of Brown, Thompson and Tibbs family members drove the Snow Creek Road to Roman Nose Lake yesterday. It would be safe to guess that we had the oldest visitors with the great-grammas Helen and Virginia. The wind blew mosquitoes away, but also kept folks moving to stay warm.

We decided, after running into half of Sandpoint at the lake, that the locals are figuring out how to deal with the population influx. They just go to the mountains. We saw Chapins, Hawkins and Paula Lund and her kids.

A good time was had by all; the day was topped off with dinner at Slate's.

Note: Annie has posted photos from her Mount Rainier climb on her blog at
www.rainiergirl.blogspot.com.

Enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know about Annie's pictures. I have been waiting impatiently to see them - and they were worth the wait.

Janet

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of Jim and Helen Thompson; it's always great to hear news of Helen's family, and the photos are a bonus. My father and Jimmy Thompson, her late husband, were first cousins, and I am therefore the second cousin of Jim, Mary, Mike, Chris, Beth, Kirstin, and Sigrid! Over the years I have had some wonderful times with Helen and have met Mary, Jim, and Laura on different occasions. Just four years ago my daughter Cynthia and I were fortunate enough to spend several hours with Helen and Jim in Sandpoint. I've been wanting to reach out and say hello to you for some time, as we have relatives in common, and I so enjoy your blog, which helps me to feel a connection with your gorgeous part of the world.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

P.S. My full name is Pamela Seekins Paulu, but it's the Seekins-Thompson link that matters here. Jim and his siblings and I share Norwegian great-grandparents, Knut Thompson, who was born very near where I am now, in Christiana, Dane County, Wisconsin, in 1850, and Anna Odegaard, originally of the Twin Cities.

My email address: PamelaSPaulu@aol.com.