Monday, January 05, 2009

Fat and Lazy

That's what breed the horse is, I was told yesterday afternoon.

Her name is Diamond. Her friends are Mark and Chelsea.


It was time to get my mother out of the house. She's been out a couple of times in the evening to restaurants, but not during the daytime for about three weeks.

So, with the sun shining brightly on a brand-new coating of snow and another storm predicted by evening, I called her up, told her to get bundled up, and I come and pick her up.

Yup, a lot of ups there. But that was the intention. I wanted Mother to have an "up" moment during this endless winter.

Sure enough, she did.

We took the back roads, and I took my camera.

After seeing a whole lot of drop-dead beauty and having a nice visit with Cari Cruse and her friend who were out---guess what?--shoveling, we came upon this lovely sight.

We didn't get long to talk to Mr. Keenan (I think that's what he said his name was) because more modern transportation had to get past him down the road.

Nonetheless, I learned that if you want to teach a horse to pull a sleigh, use a car hood.

I've got to learn more about that method, and right now we don't have any extra car hoods lying around.

Great day for the camera and a great afternoon for my mother who was delighted with all she saw on North Idaho's back roads.

And, Cari, it was delightful meeting you too. Check out Cari's comment on yesterday's posting. She's a relatively new blogger and a talented photographer/crafter.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we took helen for a see the snow ride yesterday too. perked her right up!!
rmt