Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Slight and vanishing clothes


I just read a Yahoo headline about a Beyonce song that makes your brain itch. Well, that got my brain to remembering the latest take on life that I heard this week while sweeping the alley way in the barn. I've heard it only once, but, believe me, it made my brain itch and my funny bone tickle itself.

It's called "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off." Now, I'm sure country aficionados will pooh pooh my awareness of late and tell me this Joe Nichols ballad has been around for years. But I heard it for the first time this week, and I'm expecting to hear it a lot from now on. It definitely leaves an itch in the brain matter and conjures of some pretty wild images, which have appeared in its video, link listed at the bottom.

Lyrics tell about her handling champagne brunches with no probs, but give her tequila and watch out. She was heading out with the girls to have a margarita or two at the Holiday Inn, and he was afraid of what he was gonna see when she returned.

He figured she might come home wrapped up in a table cloth cuz as the night and the drinking went on, she'd lose her shoes, drop an earring in her drink and lose her contact down the sink.

The pantyhose would go if Bon Jovi started crooning, and her coat would stay in the bathroom stall. He's pretty sympathetic about her cuz she's just having fun and he knows her friends are gonna have some good stories to tell her the next day about some of the crazy things she did the night before.

Now, that's the song. I also checked out the video, and it's pretty dicy, especially with Grandma who comes home and crashes the party. So, clink that first link below, and you'll see what happens if the girls' night out involves too much tequila.

My favorite country song of late is Brooks and Dunn's "Cowgirls Don't Cry." I like it so much I almost cry every time I hear it. And, as of yesterday, I've got even more reason to love it. I read in the Appaloosa Journal that one of the horses featured in the song's video is Lily's half brother.

He's a gelding from Tennessee, sired by Lily's father, Zip's Long John, and the segment shows a girl barrel racing, only to have the horse slip and fall around the barrel. Of course, the rider didn't cry. And, of course, the song is true to a certain extent.

Cowgirls do their best not to cry whenever they hit the ground. I'm thinking of some of my great falls, and I don't recall a single tear. Instead, I just recall great pain and an instant desire to get back off the ground and climb up on that horse. I also recall sore body parts for days afterward.

In one case, I even got hauled off to the emergency room in an ambulance. When I got there, the worst injury was to my self esteem, as they pulled off my footgear and discovered I had socks that didn't match. Otherwise, I was good to go except for a short case of shock and insane comments made to the doctors. I never did cry.

Nonetheless, cowgirls DO cry when they lose their horses. They cry a lot and dump out some pretty heavy tears.

Anyway, the second link above is the video for the Brooks and Dunn tear jerker. And, believe me, if you've never heard it before and you love horses, it will cause your brain to itch.

~~~~~~
It is Saturday, and I must get moving on the day's projects cuz we've gotta stop what we're doing about 3 p.m. and tune in today's ZAGS game against the University of San Diego. They're now 15-4 and lookin' good.

As we turn over the calendar to February, a big thanks goes out to Mark Few and his Bulldogs for helping thousands of Inland Northwesters get through the worst of the winter months. They're the perfect tonic for cabin fever, and they've done a masterful job of keeping the fever down over the past few weeks.

GO ZAGS, and I'm goin' to the barn, hoping to hear about tequila, naked women and stoic cowgirls.

Happy Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqv-2emERFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyOQQvQL-W0

3 comments:

patton4 said...

I love the cowgirls don't cry video! I don't care for the clothes falling off one quite as much. Country music does tell some good stories! Have a great saturday!

patton4 said...

I mean I love the song, I hadn't watched the video till just now, and thats kinda sad... but a good song for sure. :)

Bay Views said...

That song has been around for a while and is a favorite of some Country music Karoake fests. Personally, I do Hank Sr.