Thursday, February 19, 2009

Minutiae



Nuttin' particular on my mind today. Just a lot of little stuff, so I decided to use a word I seldom utter as my title today. It's funny how we see those words used by everyone else but us, and we feel like it would be a bit pretentious to suddenly inject them into our conversation.

Sorta like my wearing a dress to go shopping at Yoke's. Folks might just be taken aback from such a sight, and I can assure you it would not feel natural.

Which brings back some minutiae I'm thinking about today. I'm thinking about a picture I'm going to post with Tiger Wood and his new addition, a baby boy. It's nice that Tiger has a good looking family, but when you see the picture, you'll know that something else impressed me more.

I told Kiwi last night that she had a look alike, and that her twin lives with the Woods. Bill said this morning that Tiger's dog probably isn't a working dog. To which I said, it probably herds golf balls rather than coffee cans.

Moving on, I've posted a couple of photos below, and, yes, I'm looking as odd in these pictures as I would if I were walking through Yoke's in that hypothetical dress.

These photos came from a time that we had no choice----from grade school clear through second year of college. We had to wear dresses or skirts every single day, no matter how bad the blizzards were.

How many remember those zip-up boots with the fur on them that rubbed your legs raw in the winter time? Awful memories, to say the least.

Well, anyway, my former student Kathy Conger brought some photos to me last night at the Women Honoring Women meeting. She and her husband had gone to a sale for Mary Lee Piatt's estate. Mary Lee worked with Ross Hall and took most of the school pictures when I was in high school.

Kathy picked up a batch of them and recognized a face or two. So, she's been in the process of dispersing them to folks who might appreciate them. Of course, I couldn't resist posting a couple this morning. My, do they take the mind back to the good ol' days at Sandpoint High, where I loved most everything-----except wearing a damn dress every day.

Thanks, Kathy. I hope a few people reading the blog today recognize either themselves or someone they know. We lived in a charmed time back then, and it's always fun to go back, either through photos or stories.

Guess that's enough minutiae. I think I know how to spell it; now I feel a little more comfortable using it----in fact, a lot more comfortable than I'll ever feel wearing a dress.

Happy Thursday.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Marianne, I think you are like me, you don't feel comfortable wearing a dress anywhere... even in a room full of women with dresses...
come to think of it...I don't own a dress anymore... couple skirts, but no dress.