Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Slight

I'm back on my laptop after a three-day absence. Earlier this week, a full-fledged pop-up attack, including naughty girlie sites started disordering my mind and my ability to get anything done. I'd come back to my text window to make an edit, and hot sexy broads were advertising their availablity.

Since I'm not interested in hot, sexy broads, that irritated me. All I wanted at that moment was a text window---not a sensuous woman. After about three days and trying to get my virus program to remove the pop-ups, I bit the bullet and hauled the laptop down to Sandpoint Computers where Mike, the doctor, performed surgery and extracted all those nasty pop-ups.

We'll see how long I can go before having to return. That's the first time I've had to take my laptop in for maintenance in five years, so that's not too bad. I also used the occasion to purchase an external hard drive. It's about time after loading five years of photos on this computer. They were nice enough to back 'em all up on the new hard drive. Now, I've gotta spend some time organizing.

Anyway, it's Saturday and it looks like the sun is truly going to shine today. My big plans to fry my skin went awry yesterday when the sun went somewhere else. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the cloud cover come rolling over the mountains and then watched the rain fall while sitting inside next to my wood stove to stay warm.

The fog has lifted and the white board fence is gleaming out there against the backdrop of greening fields. Should be a pretty day.

http://roadtripnation.com/roadtrips/media.php?roadtrip_id=1313
Check out the link above. It's about and produced by a young man named Willie----who's not my son. He is a former student though, and he comes from an intellectually humorous family called the Wittes---pronounced "witty." Get it.

Well, Hunny, his mother sent me the link, and I've sat here this morning watching the 13-minute clip, which appears on www.roadtripnation.com. Willie sets off for Indonesia with a film crew and famed surfer Rob Machado. His focus is to learn from the film makers and from the surfer how they broke loose and followed their professional dreams.

Willie is in search of that answer for himself, and as he sits casually interviewing each individual, he finds out for himself that there's no tried and true answer, except maybe that travel is a key to finding one's niche in life. The clip is aptly named "Free Willie."

Willie Witte sat in my sophomore English class during my last year of teaching. He was in to drumming at the time and very active in the SHS band. I had one of his sisters that same year, and she went off to LA to follow her dreams. Willie's dad Bob is a radio personality in Sandpoint.

I'm impressed with Willie's production, and I encourage any Sandpoint readers to pass along the link cuz it's always nice to see one of our own succeed at pursuing a dream. Looks like Willie is arriving at his.

~~~~~~
It's just too pretty outside to spend much more time sitting here, so I'm gonna call it quits and get out there to enjoy the day.

Looks like Dr. Mike did a good job with my computer cuz no girlie girls have appeared on my screen this morning. Good riddance, and thanks, Mike.

Happy Saturday.

No comments: