Monday, May 11, 2009

Great "Mum's" Day



Annie found me a "Mum's Day" card in Ireland, so I had to feature it this morning.

It was a great day for all involved.

Mine started out with beautiful weather and another Sunday morning visit from our neighbors on their bikes, armed with an apple for the young ladies to feed to the horses.

I watered plants and stuck some more seeds in the ground before heading over to the Blue Heron Restaurant for lunch with Mother, Barbara, Laurie and Bill.

Bill brought both Mother and me a daisy plant. And, the Blue Heron folks gave every lady a beautiful long-stemmed pink rose.

We had nice visits with all the familiar faces who had come to dine at the restaurant.

After spending a little time at home, Bill and I rode our bikes to the Colburn farm where triplets and their mom and dad had arrived, bearing more flowers for the great-grandma.

Horses again got hand-outs, this time oodles of clumps of grass.

The weather cooperated, everyone seemed happy and a good time was had by all.

My day was topped off by nice telephone visits with my precious Mother's Day presents: Willie and Annie.

And, now we begin the week which will end in Chicago for more family celebrating.

Happy Monday to all.

1 comment:

Kathy Cooney Dobbs said...

A beautiful 'Irish' card ! A bike ride and the Blue Heron - sounds like a great Mother's Day.