Friday, May 22, 2009


I have no headline today. I think I'll leave it that way. Then, people will have to read clear through to the bottom to see what I'm talking about. And, to top that off, I'll have to read clear through to the bottom to see what I'm talking about.

My mind is not really geared on this computer today. Like yesterday, I can hardly wait to get outside and get started with the yard and garden projects. I worked the entire day yesterday and had the sore legs to prove it by the time I collapsed on the couch around 8 p.m.

The place has gone through a bit of a transformation with several bright red geraniums out front along the deck, and colorful pansies along the east side of the house now visible due to the absence of several dozen healthy dandelion plants.

There are geraniums along one border of the vegetable garden, and there are four fewer asparagus spears in the far west garden strip. They went straight from the stalks to the stainless steel saucepan to be cooked on moderate heat and then gussied up with Imperial margarine, garlic salt, salt and pepper and medium cheddar cheese.

Yum. Yum, is all I've got to say. Bill wasn't home last night for dinner so I pigged out on those first spears of the spring.

I dug up clumps from a bed of spreading purple plants in my north garden and plopped them on the end facing the road. Once it takes root, I should never have to worry about weeds in that spot again, and it will always be pretty all summer long.

The weed eater ate a lot yesterday, but today the lawnmower will have a full-time job.

Horses happily grazed in their pasture during two long meals. Dogs got double doses of hose hopping as I watered new plants in the gardens.

There's no real headline this morning except that it was nice to see my faithful follower Sharon in today's paper. She and her husband shared a very positive story about how Hospice has actually saved her husband Bob's life. I like reading stories like that.

I was saddened, however, to learn that the quiet angel whom everyone used to meet the minute they walked into Keokee Publishing Co. has died.

Dear Carole of Keokee, we're all going to miss you, but we shall never forget your kindness, your willingness to listen and your warmth. You were a friend to all and much appreciated. May you enjoy eternal peace.

With that, I'll sign off and wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend.


1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the shout-out,Marianne. We were so happy to be able to say such positive things about Hospice. Though the whole story was not told, enough of it was to get the point that Hospice can stand for healing.