Tuesday, May 19, 2009

While Mother, Jim and I went to a family luncheon at my cousin Rich's home in Barrington, Annie and Bill took the train to downtown Chicago yesterday.

Their destination: Manny's Deli where President Obama likes to stop when he's in Chicago.They brought me back some cookies, including this big one.

I would like to eat it, but I also like having a souvenir. Maybe I'll put it in the cannister with those 30-year-old Christmas cookies Pam Eimers and I keep passing back and forth to each other.Anyway, they enjoyed their rather "pricey" meal.

They also went to the fire training facility, which is on the same spot where the fabled milk cow, belonging to Mrs. O' Leary kicked the kerosene lantern and started the Chicago fire.We've learned from our boat tour that the story, as told, is a lot of bunk.

Still, it's a good one, and folks tend to remember it.

While they were enjoying their downtown stroll, we were enjoying a good lunch and the last good byes to the last family members to leave the reunion. It was a wonderful experience, and we're all convinced that we have a fine family.

We also have many good memories to forge over the years to come, along with those created this past weekend.

It's a lot of airport and sardine time today as we make our way home to what I understand is full-blown spring---almost summer. I'll take it.

Erica tells me my fruit trees are about to pop into full bloom. I'll take that too.

It's always fun to go on the trips, but Home Sweet Home will be just as sweet as ever.

No comments: