Friday, July 24, 2009

We need some summer speed bumps


Well, heck. My morning posting just disappeared. I'm not gonna sit here and write the darned thing all over again just now cuz I wrote about not ever having enough time in the summer to accomplish everything.

So, once I get some of my long list of other stuff done for today, I'll come back and try to re-invent what I already wrote for the last twenty minutes.

~~~~

Later: 11:15 a.m. I'm not going to re-invent what I wrote earlier this morning. That's too far back to remember. This old short-term memory stuff, ya know.

Anyway, Bill and I just spent the past 2-plus hours putting the bales from the outside stack into the loafing shed bay where they'll stay for the winter. We were going to hire it done, but once we got started, it didn't seem so bad.

I was amazed at myself last night while picking up 17 bales in a field where the bale loader could not maneuver. Using the 4-wheeler, I picked them up and had them stacked in the barn in about 20 minutes.

All this farm work builds up muscles, I guess, cuz stacking today seemed a lot easier than some years I can remember. What makes a big difference too is how tightly the bales are packed. If they're firm and heavy, they stack a whole lot easier than light and loose. And, they don't break.

Anyway, that's done. We just have to rig up the tarp and make sure it covers every inch of the stack. We both agreed that could come later.

Now, the lawn needs to be mowed, so that will be the next project after I get back from town.

It's been a fun week with all the company coming and going, and that was one of the reasons I was thinking about summer speed bumps earlier this morning. It all zips by much too quickly.

Off to the next project. Happy Friday to all.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

When I write my blog, I do it in the email form. Gives me spell check and also...like you, if I get dumped before I get it published.. I have the email to go back to.. I email it to myself.
I started doing that after the second time of having over half the post done, and it disappeared. Helps keep your sanity. lol..
Just a thought..