Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday Slight



~~~Mr. Love~~~

You're looking at the new adviser to the Sandpoint High School Cedar Post newspaper.

William E. Love III has signed a contract. He's been finger-printed, and he has his ID card for Lake Pend Oreille School District 84, where he'll begin his teaching career Sept. 8 as a journalism instructor/newspaper adviser.

He says it's going to be difficult getting used to being called "Mr. Love."

Willie interviewed for the job in early July (I snapped the photo before he went off to the interview) and received word the next day that he had been selected.

He's been up to Sandpoint twice this summer and has met with his high school newspaper staff on each visit.

As parents, we're very proud and excited for our son. As a mom who held the same position at SHS for seven years, I'm still in disbelief with this ironic twist of events---but thrilled.

Good luck, Mr. Love.

Nice to have another teacher in the family, and it will be fun when Willie, Debbie and the grandpuppies are settled here in Sandpoint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is "get ready for the fair" weekend. Yesterday Barbara was showing me the photos she has selected to enter in the photography competition. Laurie was fast at it with her beadwork project, and I spent part of the afternoon, looking over my garden, deciding what to enter. My list includes a watermelon, cantaloupe, parsley, green beans, carrots, oregano, a flake of hay, zinnias, dill and my giant Walla Walla sweet onions. I was glad to see that only three onions are required for the exhibit. I'm hoping they fit on the plate.

The cookie competition continues. A few years ago Jenny Jacobson Meyer and I decided to compete in the cookie category at the fair. She had the edge on me. Last year her daughter Grace continued the good-natured competition, and we're going to go at it again this year. We're not really competing, but making sure each other shows up with cookies.

Grace told me yesterday that she's planning to bring peanut butter cookies, along with some other stuff, including some artwork. I'll probably stick with my Toll house variation, which is never the same because I don't follow the recipe.

Good luck to Grace and your cousin Riley in all your fair activities. We'll celebrate when it's over.

~~~~~~~

Lily's going to the horse show again tomorrow. This time it's the Bonner County Fair Horse Show, which starts today. Laurie will ride Barbara's horse April in a couple of English classes today. They'll show three horses at halter tomorrow morning and Laurie will be riding Lily in the afternoon Western classes.

I told my sisters that all I'm gonna do this time is sit back and watch. I'll take Mother to the show tomorrow, and Lily's trainer may come up to see how she's doing. Am really looking forward to a relaxed version of a horse show as a spectator, for a change.

~~~~~~~

Lots of stuff to do to get ready for all the upcoming action, which includes the horse show, judging and competing at the fair and welcoming Willie once more next week for a few days while he works in his classroom.

Life is good. May yours be also. Happy Saturday.

Oh yeah, Helen, I haven't forgotten you. Just haven't come up with a date yet. I'll call soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I thought you were sitting around doing nothing, I'd be disappointed that you haven't responded......... however, I can see that isn't the case! The snow may fly first but we'll celebrate your birthday before Dec 31st!

Word Tosser said...

after reading Lesson with Love... I find it really funny that Mr. Love is going to be a teacher at the very same school that he played in, .... goes to show what good genes and hard work can do in a few short years... lol....
Congratulations Mr. Love....

JeanneH said...

I KNEW it! When you were being illusive about WHY Willie was in town...I knew it was a job. This is the BEST! Congrats to him...following in Mom's footsteps! xoxo Jeanne

Anonymous said...

You will love having Willie and Debbie so close!! I bet you are doing cartwheels all over the place.
Janet

kelsi said...

Mr. Love, no way! That's neat.

Susie said...

How wonderful! So happy to hear "Mr. Love" is returning to his hometown to join the teaching staff at SHS. A blessing for this community for sure! Love the photo of "Mr. Love" too. Congratulations!
Susie