Monday, September 28, 2009

Just Lily, Bill, Kiwi, Kea and Me



It was a family outing for some of the Lovestead menagerie on a postcard picture-perfect day yesterday.

I had heard about a trail leading off from Grouse Creek to Western Pleasure.

I did not want to take it alone because it winds through the deep, dark woods, and I'm the world's biggest chicken.

So, I asked Bill to go with me, and, of course, the dogs were invited.

Turns out Bill had walked a good part of that very trail just last Friday while doing some State Dept. of Lands work for Stimson Lumber Co.

He loves the Grouse Creek area as much as I do, so it was a winner all the way around.

And, Miss Lily continues to make me proud. She crossed a significant creek for the first time, twice.

She leaped over a couple of mucky areas, twice after thinking long and hard about each of them.

Otherwise, she plodded along, seemingly enjoying herself as much as Bill, me and the dogs.

Dogs always enjoy themselves, and Bill was happy to tell me about remnants of Humbird Lumber Co. work sites in the area. He carried his GPS and figured we covered about five miles by the time we arrived back at the pickup and trailer, none the worse for wear except for the loss of something I was wearing.

Read on . . . .

No comments: