Friday, December 18, 2009

It's the day before vacation and all through . . . arghhh!


It's been seven years since I stepped into a classroom to be anything other than Barbara or Laurie's older sister. It's been one hour since the call came, "Can you substitute for Barbara today?" I was awakened from a deep sleep so I didn't hardly have time to think of what was the matter or TO COME UP WITH A BIG EXCUSE.


Besides, I don't say no when my sisters ask. They have a sick horse.

I've fed the horses, cleaned the stalls, read the paper and am speeding along the keyboard to get something done on this blog. Just a second ago, Willie piped up, after his initial shock that Mom would be going to school, and asked, "Do you have an ugly sweater?"

Seems it's "ugly sweater" day today at Sandpoint High School.

Actually, my sweater looks okay. I'll opt for an ugly old goat showing up in a nice sweater. Howz that? After all, substitutes can be ugly old goats or pushovers. I'll take the former.

So, this is short. I'm off to school, and Willie had to put his own sheets in the wash rather than having his "domestic" mom doing it for him today.

We'll both be down there "teaching the children" on this day before vacation and all through the house, the mice will be stirring, and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Happy Friday and pray for me!

P.S. Bill's just now announcing to Willie that he'll have to be checking in on his mother today to see how she's doing. Talk about tables turning!

No comments: