Thursday, December 03, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane . . . .



I snapped this shot of the Cabinet Mountains through Annie's bedroom window yesterday afternoon. Our cold, dry sunny days have created some dramatic scenes.

I love the white mountains and the bare ground in the valleys.

This would be a perfect winter in my mind, something for everyone.

Will be leaving winter behind tomorrow as Annie and I set off for the Maui adventure.

I've never been to Hawaii, so this will be a fun experience.

What was supposed to be a calm day of getting ready turned into a nonstop run to the computer store, the tanning shop and the hairdo place. When not on the run around town, I did lots of scurrying about here at the Lovestead, packing, figuring out how to run the new computer and getting it set up so that I know where everything is, doing chores and watching the Zags come back from what looked like sure defeat to a convincing win over the Cougs.

Things eventually settled down. It's quiet now. I'll finish the morning chores, do some last-minute packing, visit my mother and then head off to Spokane for a flight to Seattle.

Annie and I will be attending her company Christmas party at the Smith Tower this evening.

And, then tomorrow morning we're off for a week of sunshine.

I always have mixed emotions about trips because I hate to leave home, the critters and the family behind, but adventure is what life is all about, so I'll be enjoying this next week.

On this maiden blogging voyage with the new computer, it looks like photographs from Maui will be appearing on the blog.

For now, I'd better get on with the day.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Have a ball, Marianne!!! xoxo

NILove said...

Thank you, Betsy!

JanisKPC said...

Aloha Marianne, What's the name of your new 'puter and what became of the flicker? J. Puz

MLove said...

Janis,

It's an HP. The flicker disappeared after the door was open for several hours. Thank God.