Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday Twitterdeedum




The picture is small, but the smile is big: Mother at last night's ZAGS game.


A new coating of snow today. In some places there's "leg-breaking" ice beneath it, so folks need to take careful steps around here. Still, the weather is pleasant, and we have no complaints.

My mother won't be complaining too much today. I'm wondering if she even slept last night, thinking about the storybook adventure she enjoyed yesterday. She saw her beloved ZAGS play, in the McArthey Center in a box seat.

"Like a kid in a candy store . . . a singular life event." That's what my brother Mike wrote after the big event. His daughter Laura had a birthday yesterday. She and the triplets were in Sandpoint for the morning hours; then she headed home to Plummer for what was supposed to be a relaxing afternoon.

While on the road, she received a call from some friends who had access to the box seat. They offered her tickets for last night's game, which including viewing from that nice perch. She called and asked if Mother wanted to accompany her family and her parents to the game.

It didn't take much prodding. First, Mother worried about what clothes to wear. "It's a basketball game," my sister told her. "Some people wear sweat pants." Of course, she did wear her Gonzaga sweatshirt.

Her next concern was making sure her beloved cat was safe in the house. People took care of getting Rowdy to come inside. Meanwhile, my brother washed her car; they checked the oil, and by 3:30 they were on the road to Spokane and the big game.

The expected crowd at my sisters' house suddenly diminished to four---my sisters, Bill and me. While watching the news before the game, my sisters spotted Mother pushing her walker behind the sports reporter who was giving his life report about the ZAGS upcoming game with the Eastern Washington Eagles.

The ZAGS won handily, and my mother now has great memories to take her through the winter and some firsthand experience to share with all of us as we watch all upcoming games on TV.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That team has no idea how important they are to providing a most powerful, long-lasting elixir for elderly fans like my Mother. Thanks to all who had a part in providing her a very special experience.

~~~~~~
Willie and Debbie and the dogs arrived here about 11 p.m. last night after leaving the U-Haul at their new rental home. I now hear dogs upstairs very anxious to begin another day. Down the stairs they come and across the living room they're bounding.

So, I'm gonna call it a day on the blog. It will be a busy day, helping them transport boxes, et. al. from the truck to the house. By day's end, they may be one step closer to settling down and enjoying their new life as a happy family of Loves in Sandpoint.

Happy Tuesday to all.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Her feet were still off the floor today, and still talking about it... thru my visit..