Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday Slight


It's
not a beautiful morning---yet, but I love the upcoming forecast. We'll be in the 50s for the next several days. And, it's supposed to be DRY. We need a little dry cuz we have a lot of mud. I know that because I comb and brush a lot of mucky clods off my horses.

Happy Saturday to all. This promises to be a fun day ahead. Of course, later this afternoon the ZAGS will try to redeem themselves of their loss to San Francisco a while back. GO ZAGS!

Debbie says she's coming over to go for a bike ride, and I may saddle up Lily again today.

I rode her yesterday with a saddle that we haven't used in several years. It's a roper which used to belong to the late Harold Anselmo of Priest River.

It weighs so much that I hate to lug it around. Trying to aim it correctly to lift it up and over her tall back without attacking her is challenging, to say the least. But I managed yesterday. Once I climbed aboard, I decided the hard work was worth it. The saddle has a heckuva lot more comfortable seat than my lighter cordura model.

So, if I can find a fork lift to be available near the barn at all times, maybe I'll use that saddle more often.

~~~~~
Note to myself: Do not tell anyone that Pierre landed a big smack on the side of my face last night at MickDuff's----with Denise and Bill watching, no less. Okay, check that off. I won't tell a soul, least of all my blog readers.

I will divulge, however, that it was good to see Denise and Pierre. It was even better when the couple, owners of the local Arby's, got to see Arby Melt Boy and Polar Swirl Girl for the first time in a long time.

When Willie and Debbie got married back in 2001 and loaded up the bridal party in a trailer pulled by our Ford tractor, driven by my brother Kevin, they went past Arby's where the marqee read: Arby/Patty Melt Boy Marries Polar Swirl Girl.

Willie worked his way up to meat slicer at Arby's during his high school years and amassed many fond memories.

~~~~~~
Not to be outdone, Miss Annie may not win an Oscar next week, but she has appeared a fine film production coming out of Groundspeak, Inc. It can be found on the (www.geocaching.com) web site, but, of course, I'll provide the link so you can check it out and meet some of the other people who have made geocaching such a fun family sport.

You can view the video at (http://www.groundspeak.com/about.aspx)

~~~~~~

I just read the latest Cedar Post, and the current schoolwide issue is dirty dancing. Apparently, it's been so bad during the last two dances that the chaperones are feeling squeamish about even being there.

And, from what I read, flashlights will be in force at all upcoming dances. It will be a "two strikes, you're out" guideline. More specifically, two flashes of light and you're out----of the dance.


And, with too many double flashes, the lights come on and Burt Bacharach and Mozart take over on the sound system.

We've certainly come a long ways from the wild and crazy "Twist," and I don't think Charlie Stidwell ever had to impose any rules about dirty dancing at Sandpoint Junior High. Of course, back in those days, it was mostly girls dancing with girls.

My heart goes out to the chaperones; it's never been an easy job, and the dirty dancing has taken on various forms over the years.

~~~~~~
Guess that's enough for now. Chores are waiting, as is an ever-improving late February Saturday. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the link to Annie's
great video and additional good
clips. very interesting.
gpa