Monday, May 10, 2010

Hallelujah, spring has sprung



It has arrived, I do believe.

A clear sky over Schweitzer and pink hues on the snow from a sun shining in the east.

That was my first sight out the window this morning.

Oh, so beautiful, and oh, so welcome.

Changes are happening here at the Lovestead today.

Horses went straight to the pasture. They'll come back to let their tummies settle about mid-morning, and then I'll walk them back this afternoon.

They'll stay outside in the barnyard tonight, so I may be saying good bye to scooping poop for a few months.

That will be replaced by the watering routine as more and more plants come out of the greenhouse and go into the dirt.

I might even take my flannel-lined jeans off and stack them in an upper shelf for the second time this year. Had to pull them out again a few days ago. So, I'm hoping this time, it's for real.

Happiness is reigning supreme at the Lovestead this morning, and I don't think I'm the only critter that feels that way.

I'd like to take this blog opportunity, also, to wish a very happy day to three close friends who were born on this day (two of them the same year as I) and one, a few years behind.

Laura Delamarter Gray, Andrea Venishnick and Pam Eimers----have a great birthday. I love you all!

No comments: