Monday, May 17, 2010



I love the stuff that makes me think of people I know.

My sisters gave me the pretty pot earlier this year, so I'll always think of them each day while watering the pansies.

My friend Mow from Palm Springs gave us the house sign several years ago when she and her husband spent a week in Sandpoint while we were living at the old farm on Great Northern Road.

They treated us to a guided fishing excursion on Lake Pend Oreille. I think one fish was caught the whole day.

We loved the experience, though, cuz it was something we could never have done ourselves.

The horse shoe has the hands of John Fuller written all over it, even a nail left in a shoe he removed from one of the horses a few years ago. I had a collection of old horse shoes, so I got the spray paint out and added some color.

The broken stepping stone in the lower right was left here by the previous owners, Jeff and Jolene Stewart.

It's shaped like a foot, and last year I decided it needed to get back to work as a real stepping stone to our deck.

Fun stuff, reminding me of good people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a tree stump in my garden that will always remind me of Dave and DJ Nall of Westside in Hauser. A a moose antler that my husband found me on the paper mill property while four wheeling.