Tuesday, June 01, 2010

A Soggy-Bottom Bouquet of Images



I took my friend Janet's advice.

She lives on the west side of the mountains and said to get out the raincoat cuz more wet stuff was coming our way.

Of course, I already knew that, but hearing about yesterday's clouds in Packwood, I took the warning seriously.

My raincoat, purchased for the New Zealand trip in 2003, has gone bad because of the zipper.

So, I've been wearing about four layers to stay dry every time I go outside.

The four layers are good on rainy days in the 40s, but on rainy days in the 50s-60s, it gets a bit uncomfortable.

So, I went to Wally's World and found this nice Coleman number. The pile looked pretty picked over, so I suspect Wally sold a lot of raingear this weekend to hopeful campers.

Now I can throw on this coat with hood and spend a little more time outside this week.

Yesterday I transplanted ten tomato plants in the north garden. By the time I walked out of the garden, I stood about two inches taller, thanks to all the mud caked to the bottom of my boots.

I decided to leave the rest of the tomatoes for a dryer day----could be about June 15, if we're lucky.

Anyway, there's pretty and there's dirty in this wet weather. I captured some of both in the photos below.

This is National Work Really Hard on Your Sense of Humor Week, so I'm trying to be a poster child.

Happy Monday. Stay dry. These Coleman rainjackets are nice! Thank you, Janet.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

HAPPY MONDAY???? WASN'T THAT YESTERDAY???
See by your title.. it says Tuesday.... I know senior moment...lol