Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Twitterdeedum


Glad to see the rain was good for something.  My friend Cis (http://www.wordtosser.blogspot.com)  is back to blogging.  Welcome back, Cis.  We missed you. 

Well, this morning, I see a white cloud with some blue sky out the west window, and that's usually where we get our weather.  So, I think we may be in store for some nice times again.  

~~~~~

I'm not full of fascinating, funny or deep thoughts this morning.  

I can tell Slight Detour reader Judy who wrote to me yesterday that I don't have the answer on the Evans Bros. coffee family roots.  All I can say is that I met one of the Mrs. Evans Bros. a few weeks ago, and she told me she came to Sandpoint from Seattle after living several other places prior.  She's a teacher.  

~~~~~
Speaking of local businesses, I read in the paper this morning that Litehouse, Inc. of Sandpoint has acquired Green Garden Foods of Kent, Wash.  It's been fun over my adult lifetime to watch this company grow from those salad dressing hand-outs at the Litehouse Restaurant to the leading refrigerated dressing company in the nation.  

I even went on a Pend Oreille Trail Ride years ago when the Litehouse salad dressing king himself,   Ed Hawkins, Sr.,  was the trail boss and chief cook.  I distinctly remember him putting together our outdoor banquet in the darkness near Moose Lake in the Cabinet Mountains where we camped that night. 

And, when you've known some of the present owners since junior high and have watched others grow from students into phenomenal adults, its all the more fun.  Congrats to Litehouse and all its staff on yet another move into corporate stardom.

~~~~~
I've had grandpuppies overnight.  Debbie had to travel to Colville last night and knew she'd be home late, so I told her Todd and Brooke could stay overnight.  They've come a long way since those initial overnighters earlier this spring when we worried every second that they'd run away or get trampled by a horse.

The doggies know their bounds now, and they're pretty fast when recoiling from barking at Lily through the fence.  So, we've settled down as they've settled down.  

I cannot emphasize enough the hundreds of moments of joy and total amusement we've had during their stays here. Four Border Collies at once is a lot like kindergaarten but better.  They're just plain funny dogs.  In fact, after the experiences we've had this spring, I firmly believe hospitals ought to hire Border Collies to keep the patients happy. 

It's hard to describe their natural talents, and it's just as hard to not laugh a lot of the time when they're just being Border Collies.

~~~~~
As I said at the beginning, there's just not a lot on my mind this morning, so this will do it for today.  Have a wonderful Tuesday.

I'm headed outside to laugh at Border Collies and to enjoy some dry weather.  Thank you, Mother Nature!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS day here - 80 degrees and sunny. It is headed your way. I think we only get two days of it, so we will enjoy while we can.
Janet