Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Miscellany and Maureen



Happy Birthday, Maureen

Well, this photo was taken nine years ago, and I'm not gonna say how old my niece is today cuz that would really date me.
Today's her birthday, and I found this picture from an album in our family collections.

It was taken Aug. 11, 2001, the day Willie and Debbie were married here in Sandpoint.

I love looking through the photo albums and remembering the good times with family and friends.

These days, when I do look through photo albums, I want to slap myself because I don't take film to the one-hour photo anymore.  

That means no more photos in piles all over the house to some day insert into photo albums.

When I have taken the time to do this, I am thankful. 

I wonder about the days ahead when thousands of our photos are stored in digital form somewhere.

We do take our computers with us on trips to show off photos, but in my case, most of mine are on my desktop computer, and I'm not really good about making CDs.

Those CD's all have to be labeled, and when we've taken photos of numerous subjects, do we really want to take the time to list every last photo stored on every CD?  In my laziness, it's not gonna happen.

So, after finding a photo like this one of Maureen, who's celebrating her special day today, I wish I'd go back to having photos processed at the one-hour photos, so they'd at least be in a pile somewhere to put in a photo album some day.

For now, I'm thankful to have the albums I have and know that some rainy day (gosh, there are lots of those), I'll sit down and try to fill a few more albums.

And, if I could get a secretary to categorize and store all my digital shots, that would be nice too.

Anyway, to my niece, I wish a very happy day.  

And, speaking of photos, my friend Cis sent me the link to a website where a local aerial photographer has been storing his photos of progress on the Sand Creek Byway, which, when completed, will allow all through traffic to save considerable time getting to where they need to be.

So, check out the link.  The progress is pretty impressive, as are the photos.  

Here 'tis: 
Happy Monday to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a great picture! Of course, being her mom, I teared up a bit. That was a very special day. I can't believe it's been nine years! Thanks, Marianne.

Pamela Seekins Paulu said...

Mary Thompson Brown and I have only our Thompson *great*-grandparents in common, and the genetic link is therefore a bit diluted, and yet Maureen bears a striking resemblance to my younger sister Karen. Amazing!

Pam Seekins
Earl Seekins
Grace Mae Thompson
Knud Thompson/Anna Odegaard