Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Tuesday Twitterdeetopo'themorningtoya



I'm starting to practice my Irish, as you may see in today's title.  In two days' time Annie and I shall be on our way to Ireland.  In three days time, we'll be driving from Dublin to Killarney.

Hard to believe the time has come, especially with all that's had to be done in preparation for this adventure.

That preparation is still ongoing.  I have our income tax data sitting next my screen and still have to enter some of Bill's items.   The assignment is due today at Bev's office today, so I'll take it to town and turn it in.

This year is one case where I'm hoping our tax teacher takes her time getting to our assignment.  I figure if we've turned in the first draft, there's always room for corrections and additions.  

At least it's out of my hands and out of my head.  I hate to leave home with stuff hanging. 

The only other item among the many on the "to do before I go" list is an interview for a story, which, thankfully is due in late March.

I always take my story-assignment notes with me on trips for those occasional quiet, sitting moments so that I can work on my draft.  

This is definitely a carryover from my teaching years where every spring vacation meant using every quiet moment possible,  going over 50-90 research paper rough drafts. 

A vacation just doesn't seem like a vacation without some paper work to do----at least for old teachers.  So, I'm hoping to have all my story information together before leaving.  

The bed next to my computer is filled with clothes and other stuff, waiting to be packed.  I'm hoping to have that done today.  And, after lugging Bill's dress bag (totally overloaded with stuff) on my New Zealand trip a few years ago, I've learned to be selective about just how much of my closet needs to go with me.

People in Ireland won't know or care what I wore yesterday.  Only Annie will know, and if she doesn't tell that I wore the same pair of jeans for three days, I'll keep quiet about her daily dressing habits.  

She hasn't yet told me that if I behave, we won't have any spats on the trip, but I'm sure she'll remind me.  How can anyone misbehave on a trip like this?

Well, there's much to do about Ireland and other stuff, so I'm gonna call it quits for today.

Tomorrow, I'll let folks know the plans for chronicling the trip, both verbally and photographically.  No guarantees that Slight Detour will always be on schedule, so you morning coffee drinking followers, be ready for some alternatives, just in case I can't get wired somewhere.  

Or, should it be unwired?  I'll have to think about that one.

Happy Tuesday to-ya!

2 comments:

Love said...

As long as you behave on the trip, I will too. :) It'll be a grand adventure!

MLove said...

I promise! :)