Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Slightly Different Perspective . . . .



Well, my family saw that I'd have a new means of looking at the world around me.

And, this is one of the first seizes of the day.

That was yesterday, by the way, and I've been out seizing the day again this morning.

A wonderful new camera!

For all the photo techies, it's a Canon EOS Rebel T3.

As for me, it's a new camera with a lot of stuff for me to learn.

I've been told several times: put it in the bag!

That might be because I dropped my other camera in Ireland, and some of the features (like looking at what you've got) haven't worked since.

I cannot believe the difference in sharpness that this lens allows.

Now, if I can learn all the secrets and practice capturing good pictures, there's a world of fun to be had.

We have a busy day ahead.  Annie and Raine have to be at a wedding later this afternoon, so we're going to make the best of the nice weather.
I'm hoping Annie and I can go for a little horseback ride, with her aboard Lily and me aboard Heather.

Heather was a good little gal yesterday when I took her to my sisters' arena.  

She aims to please, and I rode her for at least half an hour, during which she improved on many aspects---adequately enough for me to feel pretty safe and confident on her. 

Lefty needs to lose weight, my sister Laurie says.  He's so round the saddle doesn't fit him quite right, and he's so round that he's a bit on the lazy side.

So, we'll put him on a reduction plan and hope for better times ahead.

I'll post a couple of additional photos---one of which makes me upscale in one of my daily duties----dog poopie pickup.  
That came from my husband, who appreciates a place where one can walk freely without worrying about squishy land mines.

Beautiful Saturday today.  Best wishes to all for a wonderful day.

Off to take pictures, ride horses and pick up poops. 


No comments: