Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nice prizes, good times



Seeing awards like these yesterday made me want to go get a horse and join in on the fun.

One more day of Spots of Fun, and when it's over, some participants will have some exquisite time pieces.

The show has gone well so far, and weather has cooperated nicely.

Not too hot. Not too cold.

~~~~

My sister won another nice award yesterday with her gelding Dusty: high point halter horse. I'll include a photo.

~~~~

With the show ending around 3 yesterday, I wasted no time coming home and doing some house work.

Bill had gone fishing, so that left me an open-ended schedule to do some much-needed clutter control and griming out in the kitchen.

Now, we have cupboards that can hold more food, and the dining room table is actually much more distinguishable thanks to the removal of piles of stuff.

Some piles remain, but they'll do so in spite of the company coming.

I've learned of late that if I put too much stuff in an out-of-sight location, it stays out of sight and out of mind for years afterward. And, some of that stuff is still pretty relevant in our lives----like bills, etc.

Anyway, things are falling into place for the Australian guests who will arrive Tuesday. One more lawn mowing and some vacuuming should do it.

My first report from Polly indicated that their trip had not gone as smoothly as desired: one ten-hour flight delay and a cell phone that does not work in North America.

I'm hoping we can make up for some of that disappointment once they arrive.

~~~~

Well, that's all the gab for this morning. The gardens are waiting for their morning drink, and then, it's off to the horse show again.

Happy Sunday.


No comments: