Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Slight: Marianne's Political Endorsement


Yup, I'm bypassing the Presidential primary stuff and jumping right into one of my most important political endorsements of the year.
Vote for George Eskridge to serve another term in the Idaho State House of Representatives.
He's a Republican.  That's okay!  :)
He has represented our area since 2000.
George is a Sandpoint High School graduate, and I used the same sophomore literature book he used when I went to high school.
That was back in the days when we put our names on a graphic box stamped just inside the textbook.
I did not know who George Eskridge was at the time, but the name stuck in my mind over the years since we were bound for life by textbooks.
Actually, I finally met George until a few decades later when he returned to his hometown after a successful career elsewhere.
At that time, what had really endeared me to George was his brother Vern.  I knew Vern through my summers spent working for the U.S. Forest Service. 
I think anyone who ever knew Vern would second the motion that he was one of the nicest people around.
And, if George was Vern's brother, he had to be okay.
Since then, I've gotten to know George and his wife Jenise and have figured out that Jenise and I are kindred spirits, of sorts. 
George is as decent and committed as they come, so that's while I'll continue to vote for him as our State Representative.
Go GEORGE!!

~~~~~
We had a busy day yesterday attending the funeral of Helen Thompson (she was my husband Bill's wife Marianne's brother Mike's wife Mary's mother).  
Bill gave a very succinct explanation of the family relationship during his eulogy for Helen. 
The Presbyterian Church was packed, and the new minister Andy pulled off a coup by welcoming the folks sitting in the front overflow section as new members of the choir and reminding them that practice is Wednesday nights at 5:30.  
Those who came to remember Helen represented a true cross section of Sandpoint and the Wrencoe community. 
It was a lovely service, and the visiting afterward was fun.

~~~~~~
Today we'll probably attend Willie's JV basketball.  They played last night against Lakeland.  This afternoon Lewiston comes to town, and we're hoping some of the cousins and their kids will be able to attend the game.
~~~~~
I guess this is going to be a short Saturday Slight because there's not much else on my mind except to get on with the day.
So, happy Saturday.  A good day to all.

1 comment:

Susie Puckett said...

I intend to vote for Vern's brother too! Great photo and write up.