Thursday, March 15, 2012

Of Ides and Mads and Glads


I'm glad it's raining on this Ides of March.  That means I can be mad as Hell and have fun with it.  
Yup, I'm not bewaring much of anything this morning except for Volunteers.  
Let's hope the Volunteers don't show up today and that their absence (figuratively speaking, of course)  helps the NCAA's fourth sexiest man and his team of ZAGS pull out a win at the Dance.
Yup, Robert Sacre came in fourth on the sexiest NCAA player roster, cuz of his tattoos. Robert's cute even without his tattoos. 
And, if anyone ever reads any stories about him, they'll learn that his personal depth is almost as deep as he is tall.
From what I've read, Robert is the lead man when the ZAGS go visit kids suffering from terminal illnesses.  While everyone else is feeling their pain, Robert, reportedly, knows how to ease that pain with his warm, funny and upbeat manner.
It's nice to know these things about these players with whom we ZAGS fans feel personal attachments.  Such facts validate our March madness all the more.
I'm sure a lot of the players in today's contests have similar stories too.  When they're off the court, many of them are performing as human beings, not just basketball players.  
Of course, Robert has another attribute to his credit in my book.  He loves and rides horses---TALL Quarter Horses, I imagine. 
Can't ya see a tattooed 7-footer riding my Lefty with his legs dangling behind.  That would cut quite a sight, but I'd be honored to have Robert or any of the ZAGS climb aboard my horses.
Anyway, I'm glad it's raining and ugly as ugly can get outside. 
That gives me a good excuse to stay inside and wear my eyes out watching those games. 
And, of course, I now know that my updated brackets just arrived at Willie's computer at school. 
Soon, they'll be in the pool. 
I had to wait for last night's games to complete them.  Couldn't believe how BAD California was AND they finished second in the PAC-12 this year.  OUCH!
I also realized this morning that I hadn't done anything with Kentucky.  Then, I figured out why.  
Western Kentucky was listed right beneath it in the brackets.  A brain fart must have caused me to completely space out the Wildcats in my previous ciphering.
So, after some crossing out and revamping that section, I scanned the updated brackets and sent them to Willie.  
Three guesses on whom I picked to win it all????
Anyway, it will be fun, especially fun if the programming allows us to watch the majority of the ZAGS game this afternoon.
That is one aspect of the Madness that truly makes a lot of us mad.  
We don't exactly like to watch some team we've hardly heard of commit fouls fourteen bazillion times in the last 32 seconds when they're already behind by 20 points, causing us to miss the first half of our team's game.
Now, that does make me mad, but the rest of the Madness makes me glad to have this all-day insanity on a rainy day in March.
As for the Ides, I think Julius was and still is the only one in the world taking time to worry about them in the midst of this American madness. 
GO ZAGS!!!!

No comments: