Sunday, April 01, 2012

April Fool's Pool and Cool Cat






Got away with one April Fool's joke with Bill this morning when I lamented that I couldn't believe it was already 6:15.  He apparently hadn't looked at a clock so he bit and asked in shock, "Is it?"
"APRIL FOOLS!!!" I yelled triumphantly while pouring my cup of coffee.
That's about the extent of it for us because this ain't no day for a couple of old coots to fool around:  we have a 35-year-old son today.
I can tell you on this day in 1977 I wasn't fooling around much.  I might claim that Willie was cuz he was supposed to arrive March 31 but played a trick on us, bringing on a whole lot more labor.
Anyway, we're proud parents of William E. Love III, just as much today as we were 35 years ago.

I thought the weather was gonna play a trick on us and bring out the sun.  What a fool I was to think that!
When my walk had ended, I looked up and could see all the ridges of Schweitzer clearly---for the first time in several days.  I also spotted a rather large mass of blue sky.
The paper hadn't arrived yet, so I went inside to get my camera.  Within those few seconds, Schweitzer and the blue sky disappeared behind the clouds.

So, I walked around and took pictures of puddles, as you can see from the one above.  That Border Collie is truly walking on water.

Then, I saw Jonas cat over on the deck climbing around on the flowerboxes.  Jonas is a photographer's dream if that photographer could get him to hold still long enough.

Jonas likes his people so much that he seldom stops moving in an effort to get closer, but he settled down for a few shots.  He's the best, and I think he thinks his peeps are the best too. 

Bill gets a kick out of watching him from inside the house every morning when I do chores.  
Jonas leaves the barn and sets out on his journey through the yard with the ultimate plan to meet up with his buddy Festus who stays in the shop.
Jonas has also become Kea's project.  Often she's close by, herding whenever she deems necessary. 
Jonas doesn't mind.

Well, I guess today we'll have to follow suit with all the other folks who've probably taken the tour to the railroad tracks a few miles north of us where a freight train derailed yesterday.  
And, guess what.  They think it was "all the water."  
According to this morning's paper, the ground gave way under the tracks, and 14 cars crashed into a heap.  
I guess the next concern,  if the rain continues,  is if it could happen again. 

Never a dull moment.  More rain today.  A promise for drying out on Tuesday, but I'll know better than to listen to any promising weather forecasts today.  
Cuz, for sure, they're fooling us and not Mother Nature. 

Happy Sunday.  Stay skeptical AND dry. 


Note:  I noticed with the new blogger procedure that if you click once on a picture, there's a slide show with bigger images.  Enjoy.

No comments: