Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Twitterdeedum


We're enjoying a string of lovely summer days with more to come-----80s in the daytime, 50s at night.  Nice to be comfortable at night again after those hot ones.

That comfort zone didn't mean I was sleeping last night though.  It was definitely a "Sleepless in Selle" night and for no particular reason.

I did have one target time on my mind, though, and that thought may have contributed to my insomnia.  

Annie was set to arrive in Barcelona, Spain,  around 3 a.m. our time.  I told her yesterday on the phone before she left Seattle that I would no doubt wake up and go check Facebook to see that she made it.

Such moments are why I LOVE Facebook. 

Well, the best laid plans of mice and sleepless mothers did not work according to schedule.

After trying to sleep for about three hours, I finally got up and went to the computer---an unusual strategy for me,  but it seemed appropriate at the time.

It was about midnight.  According to Facebook, Annie had checked in at Amsterdam Airport and noted happily that the place had free wi-fi.

Knowing that she made it across the pond okay set my mind at ease, I guess,  cuz I did fall asleep a little while later, only to miss the planned wake-up for her Barcelona arrival.

Well, now I know she made it there too. 

Annie is off on another of her world travels.  This time she'll be in Portugal for a work-related geocoinfest.  That event happens this weekend. 

Before and after, she'll be visiting Spain, then visiting Spain again after Portugal.  She'll take a side trip to Morocco and then head up to Germany for some more visiting and geocaching fun.

Again, we'll get to travel vicariously through her adventures, and hopefully this year all of her camera lenses will stay with her.  

Last year her "Precious" mega lens fell off the camera into a waterfall inside a mountain in Switzerland.  It still resides there as far as she knows.

Speaking of cameras, mine's at the doctor's overnight, getting some maintenance.  Funny how those tools become such a part of one's life that when they're not availabe, even for one day, they're sorely missed. 

This seems to be the week for maintenance.  My lawnmower has fallen apart again, so Tony will come by today to do a fix.

Tomorrow is horse maintenance.  John Fuller will be here bright and early to re-set shoes on Lefty and Lily.  

I've ridden each one twice with the first set of shoes---not very cost effective.

Still, keeping their feet shod and ready to go is good, though, cuz maybe sometime the stars will line up and I can go for a ride.  

For now, the horses are enjoying a great, relaxing summer.

The last of my peas and their vines will come out of the garden today.  It's been a good pea year, and I'll be happy to shell the last of the crop and put them in the freezer bags.

The blueberries are prolific this year too.  I was picking them last night when my neighbor Gary Finney pulled into the driveway for a visit.  He was braggin' about having his hay almost finished.  

We were telling him our harvest may happen soon.  Hopefully things are going well for Harvey, who supervises our harvesting. 

My brother, his wife and his granddaughters showed up yesterday for a short visit.  Last evening a nice young lady and I walked the yard and selected blossoms from almost every flower growing on the place.  

We put them in a little jar of water, and I think a grandma at Colburn was going to get a floral surprise.  

Lots going on. So, I'll sign off for now.  

Happy Tuesday to all. 
 

 

No comments: