Friday, September 21, 2012

Ribbons and Bows . . . .



Yup, we've all heard, seen and maybe even known a few horses' --sses, but they sure are a pretty sight when ya go to a draft horse show.

As are the -sses, better known as mules.

That's a Gary Finney Percheron in the top photo.  His groom Lori was just finishing up on the tail primping yesterday when I walked by.  This horse was bound for one of the early halter classes.

The Idaho Draft Horse and Mule International Show begins in a big way today with the first full-fledged show in the main arena at the Bonner County Fairgrounds.   

I believe that show begins at noon ($9 and a special price for seniors).  Another evening show is on today's schedule.  

Yesterday was a mixed bag for my sister Laurie at the Arabian National Sport Horse Show.  

In her afternoon dressage test, she placed sixth out of 22 riders and earned a Top Ten ribbon (and plaque, I believe).  

Barbara corrected me about those "trophy" jackets.  You can have one, she said, if you're willing to plunk over about $400.

Two judges preside over every event.  One judge placed Laurie second in yesterday afternoons dressage test.

In her Thursday evening rail class, she did not make the final cut.  Barbara had a few strategy suggestions for her to use when she rides Saturday night in the finals from Wednesday night's rail class. 

She'll be riding in another dressage test this morning at 9:40 Pacific time.  

I'm hoping I can get one of my computers to "speed up just a bit."  

Seems I watched a lot of blur last night and figured Laurie had probably gone to bed by the time my computer finished airing her class.

Twas that slow!

Anyway, we continue to be excited and proud and we wish her the best in her final two days of showing. 

Guess that's all for this Friday.  Lots of other blather to talk about, but it's gonna get hot today so I'm headed outside to enjoy the pleasant morning hours.

Happy Friday. 

1 comment:

Wholesale Ribbon Bows said...

Nice ribbon and bows.