Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Slight Live!



Well, it's not exactly "live," but starting off with this video of my brother Jim and his hang gliding buddies flying the "friendly skies" of Yosemite National Park seemed like a good starter for the day.

The best part: they're all "A-live" on this Saturday morning.  As pilots of any kind of aircraft will agree, it's nice to get up up and away, but it's also nice to land---safely---too.

You can watch the video and see if Jim's landing spot is as friendly as the skies. 

If you have high speed Internet, the video will be very enjoyable.  

If you're a semi-dark-age Satellite user, like I am,  plan to be patient, but this nicely edited video offers some fantastic perspectives of Yosemite's breath-taking beauty.

I think Jim's mother will enjoy this, especially knowing that he's alive to share his story!

~~~~

Another lovely Saturday lies ahead.  I think my daughter-in-law Debbie may go riding with me this afternoon----after her Girl Scout duties in Bonners Ferry this morning. 

We're hoping Lefty will be a good boy and show her a nice time. 

~~~~

Bill will probably go down and pick up my composter today.  It took a while for it to come in, since he ordered it in late June.

I don't know the first thing about composters except that they make dirt.  So, I'm looking forward to learning how they work and putting this one to use as soon as possible.

~~~~
Yesterday I finished off the final aspect of our re-surface project in the horses' box stalls.   Bill and our nephew Sefo removed all the rotted boards earlier this summer.

Then, Bill cut and installed some boards around the stalls and hauled in most of the gravel, which is replacing the board floors.

Yesterday's project involved using the skill saw to cut some pieces of rubber mats to fit around the larger mats already in Lefty's stall.  That project went a lot easier than I expected.

My friend Roxane told me to use the skill saw but to plan for a new blade when the project is finished.  

The saw worked well and Lefty's stall is now ready for shavings.

Today Bill will bring in the big mats for Lily's stall, I'll finish off with the smaller pieces and we'll be ready for winter------finally with no worries of decaying boards. 

~~~~
I'm also planning another fall project:  taking down the garden fence in the north lawn.  Turns out the place has too much water for too long each year, which means no garden planting.

As it is now, tall grass has grown around the woven wire, and it looks ugly.  So, I'll remove the fencing and leave the area to lawn.  

~~~~
Well, Jim's video gives folks plenty to do this morning, so I'll shut up and wish everyone a happy Saturday. 


1 comment:

bryceviewlodge said...

It’s a super adventure live sight for kids!

Events in Bryce