Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Color Exit






I wanted to write about the "binder bands" which often gave us moments of comic relief in my English classes, but I'll wait until another day and and talk about the outdoor color exit we're experiencing here.

I took my camera to town with me yesterday, expecting to snap a few photos of downtown color.  Turns out my own yard still has more colorful leaves showing of their stuff than most of the trees in town.

I even drove down the old Sand Creek Road, now known as Popsicle Stick Road, but most of the leaves down there were lying on the ground in wet piles from the earlier rain and hail storms.

I did snap a photo of Elton Anderson's field full of cows, which illustrates "vintage" Selle country.  All the rest came from the Lovestead.

For just a while yet, we can look toward the mountains to the west and behold the brilliant gold of countless tamarack standing within groves of rich evergreen.  Soon their needles will fall.

It's gonna be tough returning the the blandness of late fall, early winter.  In my mind,  at this point in life, the only reason I like to see snow is knowing that it will, at least, brighten up the landscape.

It's been another wonderful, colorful year, and, as always, we'll be ready to enjoy it all over again, come spring. 

Happy Wednesday.   


No comments: