Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Twitterdeedamnflakes



Need I say more.  Two pictures.  Two words.  My thoughts this morning.

For an historical perspective, usually my lawnmower is tucked away for the winter by the time the first snow falls.  

At least the coating on the Jimmy's windshield somewhat hides the perennial North Idaho crack.  Snow's good for something, I guess.

Oh yeah, the white ground lit up the darkness on my morning walk.  

Hoping to find some good news, I just shopped around the Internet for an "acceptable" ten-day weather forecast.  Couldn't find one. Looks like we're in it for the long haul. 

I hope some breaks in the moisture will at least allow me to pick up most of my leaves.  

On a brighter note, my sister Laurie learned yesterday officially that her dressage horse Mani has added to his distinctions. 

He has earned his Supreme Legion of Honor through the Arabian Horse Association.  Laurie provided a link on her Facebook wall to the updated version of Tibbs Arabians.

So, I'll follow suit and post it here.  Lots of photos, lots of stories about the longtime family horse history and achievements.  

Check it out:  http://tibbsarabains.com/home

Yes, some of you may notice transposed letters in the link, but, if I recall correctly,  that discovery came after the webpage was set up.  So, like the famed Sandpoint watering hole misspelled moniker "Tervan," it remained as such.

Speaking of horses, I'm hoping I can find a farrier to remove my horses' shoes.  Lily has already let one go on her own, but seven remain, and eight hooves could use some trimming.

I learned yesterday that my regular horse shoer, John, has already taken off for Mexico, and he won't be back for five months.

John has earned his Mexican getaways, and at 70-plus, I'm guessing he may have earned some full-time retirement.  Guess I'll know for sure in the spring.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to find someone----and that someone may become my regular. 

Why do these people have to grow older---especially when we feel comfortable and confident in their work.  

Anyway, that task is on my agenda this week as well as going outside and blowing all the hot air I can.  Maybe the snow will melt.  This is much too early.

Happy Tuesday. 
 

1 comment:

live love laugh hope said...

Yuck and Ugh, agreed. It's too early!
Dad uses Jim Walker for a farrier. He really likes him. Dad's horse has a lot of foot issues, and he has helped them a lot.