---Photo from CBS Sports
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad.
One poll came out last night: Gonzaga No. 1, Duke No. 2.
More polls will be out by noon. A USA Today story this morning has the ZAGS poised to be No. 1.
Unless some weird glitch occurs, it's all but official.
As my friend Jean says, "Dreams do come true."
I say this could be a Camelot one, brief shining moment, but we'll take it.
The ZAG Nation faithful can celebrate today, and celebrate we should.
I even called the folks where my mother lives and asked them to pull out her ZAGS sweatshirt to wear today.
Through her confusion, she'll understand, and she will wear it proudly.
For nearly two decades, we have watched and rooted on and loved the Bulldogs.
Their time has come, and this beautiful, sunny day in North Idaho seems appropriate for rejoicing in their honor.
We love the ZAGS because they have followed the principles of greatness to reach this day.
There is a ZAGS lesson, similar to other lessons evolving from others along the way who have reached their respective pinnacles.
- It's about talent and skill and knowledge.
- It's about good mentors.
- It's about hard work and putting in the hours and hours of team and individual practice.
- It's about consistency and persistence.
- It's about self-discipline.
- It's about not latching on to every trend that comes down the pike but clinging to the wisdom taught along the way by those we respect.
- It's about treating those who support you----family, teachers, fans, teammates---with the same level of respect that you expect.
- It's about believing in a dream, focusing on that dream and casting aside distractions.
- It's about time. In this case, the ZAGS' time, a long time coming, but, oh so sweet for all involved.
- It's Coach John Wooden's reminder about teamwork: It's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't care who gets the credit.
Passion runs high among ZAGS fans worldwide. I think that's because this year's team has embraced all of the above.
A great day, indeed.
GO ZAGS! Keep up the fantastic run. Enjoy The Dance!