Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday Sights








Nothing special this Saturday morning other than the usual morning sights,  showing summer in full bloom---even the clover.  

I turned Lily into Pasture No. 2 two days ago.  As my sister said last night, this is a big clover and buttercup year.  Clover has taken over our hay field, and the white clover is blanketing big portions of the pastures.

On the ugly side----what some people think is really pretty while others cringe---the hawk weed is on full display.  It is slowly taking over this country, it seems, and there are no easy answers for getting rid of it. 

Out of principle and cuz I hate it, I'm not taking pictures of hawk weed, but I will tell you there's plenty around the neighborhood. 

The deck shot shows the first geranium blossom of the summer for this year's plantings; it's there in the lower left corner.  Soon, bright red will be popping out all over the yard as my crop matures. 

On my morning walk, probably the prettiest scene was Elton Anderson's horses in their pasture along Selle Road.  They're pretty, no matter what time of the year it is, and they seem to like having their pictures taken.  

Other photos except the top one should be self-explanatory.  Now, let's get into the nitty gritty of THAT image.  

Pretty soon you can add "huntress" to my resume.  After all, I got a Buck knife for my birthday AND a "Game Spy" camera. 

For some reason, the Game Spy camera was NOT on my birthday wish list, but it certainly appeared on Bill's wish list for his wife.  

So, last week Bill bought me the camera at Cabela's, and he was so proud when I opened it. Then, he announced to me his discovery that he had picked out the wrong camera because the gift model only shot video and not stills.

What a disappointment that was for Bill!  So disappointing that he made another 100-mile round trip to Cabela's near Post Falls yesterday to return the video version in favor of a still camera.

He proudly brought it home yesterday, along with batteries, and immediately pulled out directions.  

I, of course, acted "thrilled" with my new gift that Bill wanted me to have.  I've been told by Willie that now I can see what pathway his pup Brooke takes through the woods when she suddenly sneaks off.

I guess that's good, even though knowing which direction she goes still doesn't stop Brooke from sneaking off. 

Bill was so engrossed with figuring out how to get the camera to operate that I thought we weren't going to make it to dinner last night.  

He finally put it down,  and off we went with my sisters to Mick Duffs, where we sat in the new section where the vats used to be.

We had such a good time visiting that it was 9 p.m. by the time we returned home. That's when Bill announced that the Game Spy camera would not go to the woods tonight.

But I'm betting that, as I type, that he's down there rereading the directions and just itching to get it out there to hang it in a strategic spot in the woods.

Yes, I LOVE my new game spy camera, almost as much as Bill does.  

Who knows what we're gonna see on those pictures it takes!   Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have a Bigfoot sighting!  

And, besides, all those wild game will know exactly how we humans feel, now that we know for sure that the government is spying on all of us!

In the meantime, my huntress qualifications may need a little more honing, but at least I've got a start with my knife and my camera. 

No comments: