Monday, September 23, 2013

Hearing Voices Again . . . .


I told Bill this morning that the transition to fall is definitely palpable now.  Cooler air and ever-extending darkness.

We're pretty much back in the house and settled in for the night by 7:30-8 p.m.  We've been watching a lot more Entertainment Tonight or whatever those other Hollywood news/gossip shows are during the 7 p.m. hour.

Last night we watched the Emmy's, or at least I did for a portion of the show.  How long DID it last anyway?

After about an hour or so, I changed the channel to the NFL football game and headed upstairs to the computer. 

Tonight, though, I'll be making sure everything is ready for the 8 p.m. season openers.  The Voice will have my nod, as it has for the past couple of years. 

I see by this morning's paper that The Voice  received the Emmy for last season.  Very deserving.

I don't know what it is I like about the show, but, in my mind,  it is a classy production. The judges are fun, entertaining and definitely talented in their own right.  

The quality of contestants seems a cut above what we hear on other musical reality competitions.  

I think the suspense involved with judges facing the opposite direction, not having any idea whatsoever of the faces that go with the voices with initial auditions adds to the fun for viewers. 

Anyway, I'm excited to see another season of the show.  After watching a portion of Dancing with the Stars last week, I'm hoping to keep up on both shows.  Haven't checked yet to see if they're up against each other.  

My other must-see show is NCIS, and I'm a sucker for Grey's Anatomy, provided I can stay awake from beginning to end.  Over the years, I've gotten into the characters in both hour-long shows.

Again, I think the familiarity established with each character's personality over time is what keeps folks tuned in.  Sorta like getting back to seeing some old friends each week.

When the new season of 60 Minutes returns, there'll be no phone calls answered here at the Lovestead.  The longtime news magazine still stands out as my all-time favorite/do-not-disturb-me show.  

Yup, the television once again becomes an important source of entertainment at this household as darkness starts ruling our lives. 

And, I don't mind.  Bring on the anonymous voices, the mysteries to solve through high-tech wizardry and the inter-hospital drama in Seattle. We're ready for the evening escapes. 

And, yes, sometimes Bill and I will be watching in different venues cuz he has his football games, fishing features and quirky reality shows, e.g. Finding Bigfoot and American Pickers or Diners,  Drive-In's and Dives."   

I usually escape upstairs while he gets the big screen in the living room.  And, that works out just fine. 

Happy Monday. 


1 comment:

patsy said...

I am excited about "The Voice" coming back also. I have watched it from the beginning and I am never disappointed.