Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday Slight






I think today is the last day of summer; am never sure about the calendar dates anymore.  

I do know for sure, though,  that yesterday was an absolutely lovely day and that I work, worked, worked, mostly outside.

Now there are boxes of potatoes, tomatoes, early apples, and squash aplenty sitting just inside the garage door.  

And, speaking of that squash aplenty, if anyone else out there needs a big zucchini or two for relish, I'll be happy to share.  Just let me know, and I'll see that you get what you need.

After mowing lawn for most of the afternoon, I took a little time out to snap some photos around the place.  

This year, oddly enough, was not the banner year for the pumpkins, but those few that grew from the endless vines are pretty.

I also took a trip down to my friend Roxane's to see how little Lefty is doing.  She's been riding him----mainly to put on some miles and to get him used to scary things.  My goal is to have him pretty bomb proof and over the silly stuff that goes along with younger horses.

She's quite pleased with his progress, as she's ridden him in her woods alongside a logger using his skidder and along trails where deer are racing to and fro.  Lefty seems to be passing the tests, including the accompaniment of four Australian Shepherds every step of the way. 

I'll go down and ride him home tomorrow, after his two weeks of additional schooling. 

Today, Debbie and I will be riding in a car with my sister who is pulling an empty horse trailer to Ronan, Mont.  My other sister will be pulling an empty horse trailer to Ronan, Mont., also. 

They're headed over to pick up two horses, one for them and another for a friend.  One horse is headed to Spokane for some training with our friend Monty, while the other will join the Tibbs Arabians herd at Colburn.

Barbara and Laurie decided to add one more horse to their herd after accompanying their friend to Ravenwood Arabians to help her pick out a horse.  

As days went by, both kept thinking about a black-and-white ovaro pinto they'd seen, and eventually both told each other their thoughts and then they bought him.  

So, we'll be meeting a new member of their horse family today, called Apache.  

Photos to come.  Now, I've got to get going.

Happy Saturday. 

No comments: